Dr. de Vries has provided counseling services since 1998 in multiple therapeutic and educational settings. She maintains a private practice in Butler, Pennsylvania, where she provides quality individualized mental health care for children, adolescents, individuals, and couples. Her diverse formal education and life experiences are the foundation for the eclectic combination of orientations and techniques she uses to individualize clients’ therapy sessions to their particular needs.
At the University of Pittsburgh Dr. de Vries’ studies centered on cross-cultural counseling. The cross-cultural emphasis went beyond the context of the graduate courses to include an ethnically diverse faculty and student body. This inspired Dr. de Vries’ first of three mission trips to Ghana, West Africa.
Duquesne University’s clinical psychology program is recognized internationally for its emphasis on existential phenomenology. Dr. de Vries’ studies in this orientation to psychology increased her awareness of her and others’ perceptions and assumptions.
Her studies in the school psychology program at Duquesne University increased her effectiveness working with minors and their parents. Developmentally, problematic concerns often present differently in minors than adults. Her knowledge in this area enables continuity of care as needed with school professionals. It also provides her with specialized knowledge of tests and measures.
- PhD in School Psychology, Duquesne University
- MA in Clinical Psychology, Duquesne University
- MEd in Community Counseling, University of Pittsburgh
- BA in Psychology, La Roche College
License, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Professional Counselor by the Commonwealth of PA – PA License # PC005515
- National Certified Counselor by the National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. – Certification #52957
- National Certified School Psychologist by the National Assoc. of School Psychologist – Certification #35449
- Licensed Professional Counselor by the Commonwealth of PA
- National Certified Counselor by the National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc.
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist by the National Assoc. of School Psychologist
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Downtown Butler Organization
- National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI)
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIH)
- Pennsylvania Psychological Association (PPA)
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- Family Support Alliance
- Medscape Psychiatry
- Psychiatry On-Line